Today In Washington
January 23, 2018
Source: AEO Government Relations Team, Madison Services Group
Back to Work
Yesterday, Congress passed a continuing appropriations resolution (CR) to fund the federal government through February 8, which the President signed into law last night. The three-week CR includes:
- A six-year extension of the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
- Authorizes the SBA to shift funding to administer increased 7(a) loan demand
- Delays the reimplementation of the Obamacare medical device tax through 2019
- Delays the reimplementation of the tax on “Cadillac” health plans through 2022
- Suspends the Obamacare tax on insurance providers for 2019
- A provision to provide back-pay to workers who were briefly furloughed
Following passage of the CR, the House adjourned for the remainder of the week pursuant to its previously announced schedule. The Senate remains in session this week.
May 7, 2019
Industry News -
The Ultimate National Small Business Week 2019 Events Calendar : With so many events, promotions, and deals to be had, the Big List of National Small Business Week is designed to help you find what is taking place across the country.